Friday, September 7, 2012

Interesting Factoids from eBayOL-Philly

I know I'm 2 days late and a $1 short with blogging and tweeting about eBay On Location in Philadelphia. I'm blaming Verizon... my phone is carp.  If talking to my husband for 4 min burns the battery out?? WHAT were they thinking when they designed it that way. That is a whole other blog post.  Meanwhile, back at the ranch..err the Marriott in center city .........



These are some interesting facts I learned in various sessions at EOL-Philly
The mobile team leader, Chuck Pletcher, told us that 
  • via Mobile eBay sells 93 pcs of clothing EVERY SECOND OF THE DAY!!  
  • And $275 worth of merchandise EVERY SECOND OF THE DAY..
  • Pictures in the body of the description mess with the readability of the listings on mobile. Has nothing to do with seeing the pictures...just makes the listing too wide to read or pushes everything off the right side of the screen. 
  • HTML in the listing, like for a template, does the same thing
  • There have been 100,000,000 (one hundred million) DOWNLOADS for the eBay Mobile app. That is 100,000,000 potential buyers, folks... and they’ve signed up 613,000 new buyers via Mobile

Of course, we all loved Rolf from the Moblile team too!  And we loved hearing his phone go CaCHing when he got bids. Now if I can learn to talk on mine, maybe I'll even let. it do the Caching thing once in a while..

BTW, if your sales are slow?? Just leave home for 3 days.  I mean I commuted to this event and the sales just kept happening. Imagine if I had actually gone away.

Ok folks...more tomorrow.  I didn't even touch on the Social Media presentation, the buyer panel, the seller panel or the awesome folks in the exhibit hall. 

No comments: