Tuesday, August 28, 2012

How NOT to Treat Your "Customer"

Why are doctors such jerks?? Two recent examples (no names cause I still have to go to these people til I find new ones...which I will shortly)

I have a skin rash that's itchy and red but not poison ivy etc. (it's been around too long to be that..) It might be shingles because I've had those before. But it doesn't look like shingles and it's not really on a nerve line, I don't think.. SO ...what is it??

After 2 weeks of dealing with it and not much improvement I made an appointment with the dermatologist.  The doctor I usually see was booked up so I accepted the "nurse-practitioner" appointment out of desperation.

So if she's the nurse practitioner, why did she have to go get the owner of the practice to look it? Can't she prescribe some cream or pills or something? I guess not. So Dr. Old Fart comes in, (I stopped seeing HIM years ago because he kept trying to prescribe something for my son's acne that it turns out then and now, caused cancer in teens and a bunch of other health problems. HE is not my first choice ever...not even for the cat..)

He doesn't "see" any thing...like the big red blotches on my skin.... he prescribes something and then says but don't use it "here" "there" or "there".  Well ??? WHERE do you think the rash is??  HERE!!

Haven't filled that prescription...won't.

I went back to "OTC" and home remedies...still not working.  Heat and Anxiety both trigger and intensify the itching and the spread of the redness.... it's been hot and anxious lately so now instead of 4 little blotches I have 4 HUGE blotches...and they itch and hurt...and clothes hurt...

So I called the Family Doctor.  Couldn't get in last week so got an appointment for Monday (yesterday).  It conflicted with a counseling session a family member has but I was desperate so I sent them alone.  2 seconds after they left, the doctor's office calls, he's running late.  So I'm switched to afternoon.  (I"M not happy about it but I can deal with it but I could have gone to the counseling session ... )

Family comes homes and we go out to run errands which will end us up at the doctor's office at 3.  We stop home..no messages on the answering machine (what an old fastioned concept in today's mobile world but my cell phone sucks so... ).

I arrive at the doctor's office and guess what?? Yeah, they called the cellphone (which isn't charged and I'm not carrying it while i'm charging it AT HOME!) and left a message that he never showed up.  They did that within 10 minutes of calling me on the house phone... SO WHY THE HELL DIDN:T THEY LEAVE A MESSAGE ON THE ANSWERING MACHINE?? WHAT DID SHE THINK IT WAS FOR???

DUFUS!!

I have another appointment today and I've already warned them to let the doctor that if he's not there in the office, I'm coming to his house.  I need help.    Meanwhile anti-anxiety meds make me not give a sh** about the itching. But I'm still po'd enough about the screw up to write this..


It doesn't matter if you're a doctor, a lawyer or an eBay seller,  neither one of these doctor's has a clue about how to run their business.  One's an old idiot and needs to retire, the other one needs to get a partner or a employee doctor and run his business like a business.  People always need healthcare. And they sure don't want to wait.  


HIRE SOMEONE.... or show up and hire someone to deal with whatever yesterday's emergency was and show up for your customers aka patients. 

In my business? when I'm not  here, someone else has control of the keyboard. THEY print packing slips and shipping labels and box up stuff and put it out for the USPS to pickup. They list things. they answer questions.  When I go to Philly next week for eBay on Location, even though I'll be only 20 miles from home someone else (The Handy Dandy Shipping Manager) will be holding down the fort. 

That "BUSINESS" concept is not that hard to grasp but too many individuals don't get it.  These two "business owners" just lost a long-time return customer.  What about you??  How do you treat your customer??
















No comments: